POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : More oddities with Megapov 0.5a : Re: More oddities with Megapov 0.5a Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More oddities with Megapov 0.5a
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 30 Jun 2000 10:55:54
Message: <395cb4fa$1@news.povray.org>
Tom Melly schrieb in Nachricht <395c925e@news.povray.org>...
>Nope, translations can have an effect - at least I ran into similiar
>problems just moving the camera slightly. In one position a simple sphere
>iso rendered without problems, moved the camera and someone had been
>munching on it.
>
>Sorry, I would have suggested this before, but I misread your original
>posting and thought you were saying that you were having odd results that
>were corrected by just re-typing the same co-ords.

Well, actually it was not so much misread!
This were my steps:
1. render a scene with 3 isosurfaces and a plane
2. move all three isos and the plane 1/10 unit up by changing the translate
3. rendering the scene -> first iso is missing
4. (Wondering and) undo the changes by pressing ctrl-z several times,
rendering. Isosurface is again there.
5. Hm, redo the changes by pressing ctrl-a several times, rendering.
Isosurface remains there.

This problem occurred now 2 times for me. As I said I can't reproduce it
though.

<Shrug> ... if no one else had this problems it might be my computer, but I
don't think so. I can definitely life with it, as long as my scene renders
in some 3 minutes, but it would be very annoying, when rendertimes go up.

Marc-Hendrik